Sunday, May 20, 2012

At 23, looking back at how a newspaper influenced my life !

Yesterday something interesting happened when I was on my way to office. I was wearing casuals assuming it was the last day of the week, my friend out of the blue gave me a shock questioning me if it was Friday or Thursday. I responded saying, the day before I had read NxG and that morning I was rushing through Hindu-Weekend. I live my life with a newspaper as a calender!

It's funny how Education Plus marks the beginning of the week -Monday; Young World supplement reminds me it's Tuesday; Opportunity hints it's Wednesday; NxG gives me respite that there is one more day for the week to end and MetroPlus Weekend gives me a sigh of relief that it's after all the weekend.

It's not just beginning my day, even my career is totally associated with the Hindu. I had an eye for a course which appeared in the Hindu Young World when I was in my 7th class if I am right. Later, I went on to choose a college whose stall was visited by my parents at the Hindu Education Fair. I began my career at an IIT start-up after coming across their advertisement in the Hindu Classifieds. I know this article is pretty boring but I guess you have to bear with my "affair with the Hindu" newspaper! 

No comments:

Post a Comment